Friday, August 20, 2010

Day 6 death, death, and more death

Day 6, August 20. 11:23. I've been up since 6:30 this morning for some crazy reason. I don't even get up that early for work!? You're gonna' think I'm lying when I tell you what's happened in the few short hours I've been awake.

After a quick trip to Safeway for Lean Pockets and Coke Zero, I got home and peered into my fish tank. Norman Bates bit the dust. So did Hog. Then I found my dead trigger. A dead chromis. I watched Sophie Fatale's last few bursts of energy before she ate it, too. Flo is gasping for breath and Puff Daddy is on his last leg, clinging to a rock and turning white, so both will be toilet bound by the end of the day.

Turns out you can't put Melafix in the tank when it already has copper in it. Who knew? Not even my fish man M. But, go figure. My goddamn damsels seem totally fine. Bizarre. Oh, and just to make things worse, I added dose #2 about an hour ago before I knew it was the sole reason for all the murders.

Yes, I cried. There's nothing quite like watching a beautiful fish suffocate. Like life wasn't bad enough for them already, swimming peacefully along and then getting sucked up a vacuum to live life in 55 gallons of tinkered with water.

I honestly don't know what to say and am completely unmotivated to tell you a story with any humor. You'll just have to make up your own today.

No comments:

Post a Comment