Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Day 3 the case of the stolen tomato

Day 3, Tuesday, August 17th. I decided to write my script at home today, since yesterday afternoon my office was 80 degrees and I actually got a fever. Sounds like a delicious place to try and concentrate, 'eh? Not so much. And I refuse to get sick before my vacation.

I thought today might be rather uneventful, but as usual, I was wrong. Around noon my stomach started making grumbly noises, and considering my inhalation of 1/2 a pound of ground beef yesterday, I marched into the kitchen to make a salad. I threw some grilled chicken in the microwave to defrost (which magically broke, by the way - the plastic part that rotates the glass plate flew out and almost lodged into my right earlobe a few weeks ago), got out some lettuce, carrots, cauliflower, cucumber, your usual salad fare. Then, I realized that the one tomato on my three tomato plants was red and juicy looking when I saw it the day before.

Excitedly, I grabbed the keys and bolted out the front door. And, what did I see? A green, leafy stalk with no f'n tomato on it. Now, I'll be the first to admit that it wasn't a prize winning piece of fruit in the first place (tomatoes are fruit, right?) - but that's beside the point. Even if it was crawling with maggots, that's MY tomato, and my decision as to whether or not I want to eat it. But I was rudely stripped of that honor today at approximately 12:47.

In contemplation of what I should do about this highly unfortunate incident, I continued to make my red-lacking salad, hoping it would taste better than it looked. Let's just say that it was ok at best, and I couldn't bring myself to finish it.

Abrupt ending. I've decided that I'm changing the slant of this blog. I'm gonna start at the beginning and bore everyone with 40 years of fun, sad, life-changing, life-threatening, endearing, crazy, unbelievable, loving, daring stories. I'm sure there are more adjectives, but most of the time there are too many anyway.

So, starting tomorrow, things are gonna' read a little differently around these parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment